SAPPhIRE R9-285 Dual-X OC Unbox, Install & Quick Test
I LOVE PLAYING WITH NEW SILICON... FEELS GREAT! ;)
I won this SAPPhIRE R9-285 Dual-X OC Version on the 1 year birthday/anniversary of AMD Mantle.
@AMDRadeon was doing a livestream on Twitch... they were playing Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, while answering some of the publics tech questions in the chat.
There was also a giveaway of a new GPU... I was a lucky winner. Thanks AMD!!!
* I will upload gameplay with FPS benchmarks soon.
Anyways... I decided to make a video of the first installation and do a quick test. My plan was to use PvZ:GW as the test game, but when I loaded it... the game was in need of the new update Origin was running (because of the new game modes and characters). So I just decided to log into the Minecraft server I play on to see if the GPU was operating correctly... it was.
This process was easier than I thought it would be. The driver installed smoothly and relatively quickly from the provided disk, and there were no issues at all. This GPU felt really well made, SAPPhIRE and AMD did a very nice job on it, this is a really nice piece of hardware.
=Current PC Specifications=
* CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core
* CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid
* Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic
* Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z ATX AM3+
* Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 cas9
w/dual blue LED cooling fan
* Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD,
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
* Video Card: SAPPhIRE Radeon R9-285 Dual-X OC Version
* Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower
* Power Supply: SeaSonic 860W SSXP2 ATX12V / EPS12V
* Optical Drive: Sony 5280S-CB-PLUS DVD/CD Writer
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)
* Monitor: Asus VN247H-P 23.6"
* Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm x2
Cooler Master JetFlo 95.0 CFM 120mm x2
Cooler Master 120mm case fans x5
* Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4
* Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Spawn Wired Optical
* Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud
* Headphones: Sony MDR-7506
* Webcam: Logitech C920